We had dinner at Katana- Ya on Geary in Union Square. This place is a busy Japanese restaurant that can feel a bit crowded but this small spot has a cute and a homey feel. It's known for being a famous Ramen House in SF but since I'm always on the hunt for the best dragon roll, that was my order and I will definitely come back next time around to try the noodles. There can be a bit of a wait but I think it's worth it and so is the cold plum sake- I've never had sake chilled before and it's absolutely delicious! The service is fast, the prices are very reasonable, and it's in a great location downtown that's open late so if you're in the area you should definitely check it out.
There are many clubs, bars and lounges nearby and we started off the night at Vessel, located at Campton Place between Stockton and Grant. We then swung by Slide adjacent to the famous Ruby Skye on Mason and ended our night at Harlot located on Minna where we had a blast. All venues have a nice, trendy, and hip vibe that played Hip Hop/Top 40/Mash ups. It was a fun fun night with the gals in the city and the color of the night seemed to be blue! :)
- i love to slurp my foods.. (the milk in my cereal, chocolate milk) and i mean LOUDLY. for some reason i feel it's an action that makes the food taste so much better.. and considering i'm a pretty expressive person, that's definitely one of my favorite ways to enjoy something.. ssssslllluurrrrrrrrpppp!
- i love to drive fast, windows down, heaters up, music blasted and sing my heart out. lol.
- i know i talk about ritz crackers a lot.. but it's one of the foods i love that just hits the spot. wheat thins do the job as well.. and pocky.
- i spend ridiculous amounts of money on magazines and books.
- leave me at a barnes and noble or borders and i'll be occupied for hours..
- texting with one hand on my iphone fassst is another amazing talent i possess. ha- or maybe it's the asian in me.
- i like the feeling of paying for something in exact change- maybe it's because i hate putting my money back in my wallet and coins just create a havoc inside my purse.
- i do not like the feeling of driving behind a slow ass car. ugh.
- i enjoy mcdonalds even after reading fast food nation and knowing how bad it is for you.. i love it and think my system is immune to the garbage.
- i'm a BIG time dog lover. well.. mainly my dogs. I have 2 shiba inu's- Wicket and Chloe who have been such a big part of my life.
- I may not be the world's best mother (I wasn't really shooting for that role) and yes I might be away for a few days in the month to see the world and even at that go out once a week with my friends at night or enjoy an hour or 2 out in the day to breathe.. but Maverick is my heart and he's always well loved and taken cared of and that's all that should matter to anyone interested in prying with the personal questions.
(Vintage Knit Sweater, Nameless Acid Wash Denim Shorts, "Balmain" Flat Sandals, Mango Satchel, Therapy Sunglasses)
- my favorite color is pink :)
- i've so outworn these shoes but still absolutely love em' as if it was the first day i bought them.
- this skirt is another purchase i made when i was in the philippines and every time i wear it, it makes me feel like a ballerina.
- and yes, i'm a big fan of pearl earrings. BIG TIME. i think that might be one of my everyday staples.
And after the numerous messages on myspace I get about where I got certain clothes or questions about places I went, I decided to showcase everything on a blog. I know most girls hate to say where they got something from, but sharing is caring!
And bc my closet is too small to hold all the contents of everything I consume, I decided to sell stuff to my friends and I currently sell my clothes that I've loved on my eBay store.
So I'm like a Nikki Survey or what I like- Hello Nikki- in the pursuit of being able to travel then blog and be at home with Mav so it works out well.
And giving back means such a big thing to me which is why building an awareness on cerain issues plays such a huge part in my blogging.
So thank you all for your inquisitiveness. I do have an amazing family, the best of friends and a beautiful life- I feel truly blessed and I thank God every chance that I get.
Always remember, life isn't about what happens to you it's about what you do that makes a difference. Glad you all are getting a kick. ;) Cheers.